[Discipuli] Classics ecture, Friday, Jan. 22 (this Friday!)

Sickinger, James jsicking at fsu.edu
Tue Jan 19 09:29:17 EST 2016

Dear Classics Majors,

The Classics department has been authorized to hire a new professor of Greek literature, and your input into the process is needed!

A series of candidates for the position will visit campus over the next couple of weeks. Each of them will give a 45-minute lecture that will be gearded toward an undergraduate class.

The department would like to have as many undergraduates as possible attend each of the lectures; you’ll be asked to submit some type of feedback afterwards, either by a simple email or by completing a form. We’ll use that feedback when we decide which person to hire.

The first of these lectures will be given by will be Dr.  Matt Newman,  (Ph.D., University of Michigan) of Kalamazoo College,  on this Friday, January 22, from 9:05 to 9:55, in Dodd Hall Auditorium (DHA 103). He will speak on Sappho’s use of Homer in her poetry. Coffee and donuts will be available after the lecture!

Sincerely,

Dr Sickinger