[Discipuli] IMPORTANT: ADDING A SECOND MAJOR

Sickinger, James jsicking at fsu.edu
Thu Feb 25 11:24:50 EST 2016

Dear Classics Majors,

The College of Arts and Sciences, to which the Classics department belongs, has instituted a new rule that any student who wants to double major must declare that second major before they have completed 90 hours of coursework.

Because this is a new rule, they are still allowing students who have already earned 90 hours to add a second major if they want; but you must do so by the end of classes this term, April 22, 2016.

I have attached the memo outlining the policy to this message. My advice is that even if you are only thinking about getting a second major, you should go ahead and declare it this term; it will be easier to drop a second major that you decide against finishing than it will be to add a second major as you get closer to graduation. Instructions for adding a second major are included in the memo.

Dr Sickinger