[Discipuli] Meet the Majors; Yesterday's Gathering

Luke, Trevor tluke at fsu.edu
Wed Sep 10 10:40:32 EDT 2014

Greetings, majors & minors:

Thanks to those of you who were able to attend Meet the Majors on Friday. We had a healthy turnout, and it seemed like everyone had a good time. We have an exciting year ahead of us, and I want you to know that I am here to help you get the most out of our shared Classics community. My office hours are 8-11 am on Tuesdays. Email me to let me know when you might want to drop by.

We had the first meeting of our hetaireia (association) in my office yesterday at 2 pm. The turnout was really good. We started discussing this year's big project of putting on an exhibit of the department's ancient coin collection. Professor DeGiorgi and I will do a preliminary examination of the coins today. If you want to be involved in the spring exhibition, come to a hetaireia meeting and get involved in the discussions of coins and preparations for the exhibit in spring 2015!

All best,

Dr. Trevor S. Luke
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Department of Classics