[Discipuli] Join the Archaeology Club! (and officer nominations)
slb13k at my.fsu.edu
Tue Sep 9 12:32:51 EDT 2014
I'm the interim President of the Student Archaeology Club, and I would like to invite you to join if you haven't done so already.
Who are we?
* The Archaeology Club co-sponsors lectures with the local Archaeological Institute of America chapter, often providing the refreshments after the lecture.
* This semester we are looking at also beginning coffee/tea time with the guest speaker for the afternoon of the lecture, as well as collaborative events with Eta Sigma Phi, the Classical Honor Society.
* In the past, other club activities have included movie night, field trips to local museums and sites, and an end-of the year picnic. One potential field trip this semester would be the Poseidon exhibit in Tampa.
How do you join?
* Membership is open for both undergraduate and graduate students at FSU.
* Just reply to this email with your 1) name, 2) email, and 3) days/times that you would prefer we meet (this way we pick a day that fits most everyone's schedule).
* Dues are currently set at $3, which will be due at our first meeting in October.
* Along with your own information for joining, please include any nominations (or volunteers!) you have for officer positions.
* Students must have a GPA of 3.3 or higher to be eligible to run for an officer position.
* Positions we're looking to fill: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary; please contact me for the specifics of each office (otherwise this email would go on forever).
* Nominations are due by Friday, September 12, 2014. Voting will commence next week.
Please email me if you have any other questions or concerns.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the discipuli