[Discipuli] Tuesday Activity

Luke, Trevor tluke at fsu.edu
Mon Sep 8 14:16:00 EDT 2014

Greetings, majors and minors:

Tomorrow I will hold my first activity meeting at 2 pm in my office (Dodd 205H). I am holding informal meetings in my office on Tuesday afternoons so that we can get together outside of the class environment and have fun with interests we do not usually get to pursue in class.

One of these activities is an informal discussion of ancient coins. The department owns ancient coins, but we have done very little with them in recent years. Faculty and students in the Department of Classics will be working together to put on an exhibition of the coins in a museum on campus. The Tuesday meetings in my office (Dodd 205H) will be one venue where we will prepare to make that exhibition a reality by learning about coins.  Eventually, we will be able to examine our FSU collection of coins as a group. Then, we will work on putting together posters and displays for an actual exhibition on campus.

Unfortunately, my office is too small to accommodate all majors and minors (it holds about 6 people excluding me), so access to the event will be on a first come, first served basis.

Very best,

TL