[Discipuli] Job Candidate Lectures

Luke, Trevor tluke at fsu.edu
Tue Jan 21 13:27:21 EST 2014

Greetings, Majors!

As FSU Classicists, we have the opportunity to help shape the future of Classics at FSU. Right now, we are in the process of hiring a new faculty member. Last year, our majors played an important part in making that crucial decision. They attended mock lectures delivered by the job candidates and filled out evaluations of the lecturers' performances.

This process worked out so well that we are asking for your help again. We invite you to join us this Friday at 9:05-9:55 am in Dodd Hall Auditorium (103 DHA) to listen to our first faculty job candidate, Mr. Chris Forstall of SUNY Buffalo Classics, deliver his lecture. At that time you will also fill out an evaluation form and turn it in to a designated student representative. Refreshments will be served after the lecture.

We appreciate your help. I can tell you that the evaluations of our majors played an important role in our deliberations over our faculty hires in the past and I anticipate they will this time too.

Very best,

Dr. Trevor Luke
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Department of Classics