[Discipuli] MA in Classics at Texas Tech

Luke, Trevor tluke at fsu.edu
Thu Dec 11 09:10:44 EST 2014

From: Don Lavigne <don.lavigne at ttu.edu<mailto:don.lavigne at ttu.edu>>
Subject: MA Program in Classics at Texas Tech
Date: December 9, 2014 at 6:06:40 PM EST
To: don lavigne <don.lavigne at ttu.edu<mailto:don.lavigne at ttu.edu>>

Dear Colleague,
I am writing to ask that you encourage your students to consider pursuing an MA in Classics at Texas Tech.  Our program is suitable for students who would benefit from further training in the ancient languages while refining their research skills and goals in anticipation of applying to PhD programs.  Our faculty is nationally and internationally recognized for their scholarly contributions and the American Journal of Philology is edited in-house.  We offer a generous funding package to several graduate students each year and our typical student can expect to finish their MA with little out-of-pocket expense.  We work hard to place students in the career paths of their choice and have had good success placing students in PhD programs, Law School and High School teaching.  A full description of our program can be found on the web page listed in my signature line and I have included a PDF of our promotional poster (a hard copy of which I have forwarded to you).  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and please ask interested students to contact me for further information.
With very best wishes for the end of the term and the Holidays,
Donald E. Lavigne
Associate Professor, Classics, Texas Tech University
Graduate Director and Head of Classics, Texas Tech University
Dept. of CMLL
P.O. Box 42071
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX 79409, USA