[Discipuli] Welcome!

Luke, Trevor tluke at fsu.edu
Fri Aug 22 12:41:08 EDT 2014

Greetings, discipuli:

Welcome to the Fall semester at FSU Classics. Class starts next Monday (August 25). Remember to attend the first meeting of every class. You will be dropped from the roll if you are not present. Also, take note of the fact that the Add/Drop period ends on Thursday, August 28. You need to iron out your schedule quickly.

We are excited to spend another year with you reveling in our shared love of Antiquity (and Late Antiquity). This year I plan to involve myself more in activities with you, the majors, to enrich our experience as a community of classicists. I will be hosting any interested students in my office on Tuesday afternoons at 4pm to chat about topics of interest and to read non-standard Greek and Latin texts (short bits). This is not a required activity. Regular courses, required assignments, and guest lectures will take precedence, of course.

My office hours for advising will be Tuesday mornings from 8-11 am and gladly by appointment.

Our "Meet the Majors" event will be Friday, September 5th from 4:30-5:30 pm in the Dodd Hall's lobby. Light refreshments will be served. Come to meet the faculty, hear important announcements, and mingle with your fellow majors.

Again, welcome!

Dr. Trevor S. Luke
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Department of Classics