[Cogs] Joining Ways & Means Committee

Shu, Zhiqiang zs11 at my.fsu.edu
Wed Jun 28 10:48:56 EDT 2017

Dear Representatives,

I am writing to invite you to join our Ways & Means Committee in COGS.  As one of the four standing committee in COGS, we work on fundamental issues like amendments to the COGS code and relations between COGS and other entities. Meanwhile, this Committee encourages you to take initiatives and gives you ample opportunities to make a long-lasting impact.

Currently, we only have two representatives on the Committee. I’d like to recruit as many interested individuals as possible to start to work on some amendments to the COGS Code. Please reach out to me if you are interested in joining.

Here is a description of the Ways & Means Committee in the current COGS Code.

108.8 The Ways & Means Committee shall focus on the following areas:

A) Oversight of the expenditure of the COGS Annual Budget

B) Amendments to the COGS Code

C) Relations with the State and Federal Governments

D) Relations between COGS and all other entities of Student Government

E) All other areas in which the Chair and the Speaker agree the committee should focus

Thank you!

Zhiqiang Shu