[Coe-undergrad] Initial Steps in the College of Education Dean Search – from Larry Dennis

FSU College of Education coe-undergrad at lists.fsu.edu
Wed Jan 31 13:09:19 EST 2018

Dear College of Education Students,

In December, Dean Marcy Driscoll announced her upcoming retirement in June 2018. This past week FSU launched a search for the next College of Education dean. The Search Committee members are listed below:

Larry Dennis, Search Committee Chair, Dean, College of Communication & Information
Betsy Becker, Chair, Educational Psychology & Learning Systems
Tamara Bertrand Jones, Associate Professor, Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
Mary Coburn, Alumna
Donald Compton, Director, Florida Center for Reading Research
Kelly Conner, Director, Business Operations
Allison Crume, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs & FSUS Board Member
Kevin Derryberry, Assistant Dean for Development
Ruth Feiock, Assistant Vice President, Provost’s Office
Amy Guerette, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Jim Klein, Professor, Educational Psychology & Learning Systems
Joshua Newman, Professor, Sport Management
Allison Peters, Doctoral Candidate, Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
Sherry Southerland, Chair, School of Teacher Education
Lama Ziad Jaber, Assistant Professor, School of Teacher Education

One of our first tasks is to schedule and hold a series of stakeholder meetings, including a meeting with COE students.  Our target dates for these meetings are early to mid-February, but the exact times and locations have not been set.   You should expect to hear from us very soon on the schedule for those meetings.

As chair of the search committee I am committed to ensuring that the search involves all College stakeholders and to making sure that all relevant issues for the search and the candidates are identified and addressed. I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on the future leadership of the College.  Please feel free to reach out to me or any other search committee member as necessary.

Thanks,

Larry Dennis
Dean & Professor
College of Communication & Information
Florida State University
E-mail: ldennis at fsu.edu<mailto:ldennis at fsu.edu>
Office Phone: 850-644-5804
Cell Phone: 850-321-8786

Amy R. Guerette, Ed.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
College of Education
Florida State University
(850)644-6885

[/Users/aguerette/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_950148028]<https://www.facebook.com/fsu.education>[/Users/aguerette/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_2094120758]<https://twitter.com/fsueducation>[/Users/aguerette/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1795338567]<https://www.youtube.com/user/FSUeducation>[/Users/aguerette/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_89697110]<http://instagram.com/fsueducation>[/Users/aguerette/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1707196817]<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/FSU-College-Education-1404257/about>[/Users/aguerette/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_323667485]<http://fsuednews.com/>[/Users/aguerette/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1301324157]<http://www.pinterest.com/fsucollegeofed/>