[CEHHS-grad] Introducing Grammarly (premium account for students) 3/4-3/6

Mon Mar 4 08:31:09 EST 2024

From: Dina Vyortkina <dvyortkina at admin.fsu.edu>
Subject: Introducing Grammarly (premium account for students) 3/4-3/6

Dear CEHHS Students,

Writing is an essential skill for any academic endeavor, whether it is conducting research, grading papers, or communicating with colleagues and students. However, writing can also be challenging, time-consuming, and stressful, especially when juggling multiple deadlines, formats, and expectations.

Many of us have been using Grammarly, but more likely, a free basic account. We are happy to announce that we have partnered with Grammarly to offer you a free premium account for one year (with many useful features). Many thanks go to Dr. Qinchun Rao, who took the time to write up and submit a CEHHS-wide tech fees proposal. The CEHHS tech fees committee allocated funding for 1000 premium accounts. Faculty and staff will get 100 licenses, and students will get 900 licenses (all on a first-come, first-served basis). So, your tech fees are at work!

The premium account will be available to selected users till February 2025. To assess further needs for Grammarly (or similar products), we will ask you to complete a brief survey at the end of 2024. We count on your participation!

We hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity! Grammarly put together some support resources for us (see here<https://view-su2.highspot.com/viewer/65c141f21865bd2422d650f6>). Please take time to review them (especially those related to AI and prompts) and attend the webinars Grammarly regularly offers for higher education.

Clicking on the link provided below will get Grammarly installed for you. Please do not click it if you currently have a Grammarly premium account. CEHHS student sign-up will be available only from March 4 to March 6, 2024.

Click this link<https://sso.grammarly.com/saml/login?ssoId=c35a09a0-520b-4be5-9493-7ee6a5ed7978> to install a Grammarly premium account.

If you need any assistance signing into Grammarly or installing the software, please submit a help request to the IT Team here<https://servicecenter.fsu.edu/s/service-catalog-case-submission?Rec=FSU+Service+Request&sID=a5R8Z00000vMJixUAG&sValue=College+of+Education,+Health,+and+Human+Sciences+Desktop+and+IT+Support&Department=College+of+Education,+Health,+and+Human+Sciences>.

Happy writing!

Dina

[cid:image001.png at 01DA6983.1CE73E40]
Dina Vyortkina, Ph.D.
Asst. Dean for Innovation and
Instructional Technology Enhancement
College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences
Florida State University

1301D Stone Building
(850) 644-9623
dvyortkina at fsu.edu<mailto:dvyortkina at fsu.edu>

 f you are receiving this email, you have been identified by the university as officially pursuing a major within the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences (CEHHS) at Florida State University. The student listserv is a resource used strictly by CEHHS administrators to ensure our students are well-informed of important updates, deadlines and opportunities that will benefit both their academic and/or professional endeavors. You will never receive any spam or other unnecessary email through this listserv and you will be removed as a recipient following completion of your degree or change of major (typically at the end of your final semester in the college). If you are not a currently enrolled graduate student in the FSU CEHHS, please contact Ms. Rhonda Hester at rhester at fsu.edu<mailto:rhester at fsu.edu>. If you have concerns regarding this listserv, please contact the CEHHS Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Dr. Marcy Driscoll, at mdriscoll at fsu.edu<mailto:mdriscoll at fsu.edu>.