[Coe-grad] COE Graduate Student Reminders - Spring 2014

FSU College of Education coe-grad at lists.fsu.edu
Thu Jan 9 12:42:19 EST 2014

College of Education Graduate Students,

Greetings! Please carefully read the information provided below. I have included some very important reminders that you should remember in this first week of the spring 2014 semester.

If you are planning to graduate this semester, you must apply for graduation BEFORE January 24, 2014. If you do not want to attend the University ceremony, you are still required to apply for graduation to receive your diploma!

*         Apply for Graduation Online<https://campus.fsu.edu/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp?tab_id=_149_1>: (Login at my.fsu.edu - from the Secure Apps tab, select "Apply for Graduation")

*         To view additional graduation information, please visit at: http://registrar.fsu.edu/services/graduation/apdefault.htm

If you have an "I" grade in a course/defense, DO NOT re-register for the course/defense. You simply need to work with the professor of record to complete the requirements. After doing so, the professor will submit a grade change and the "I" will change. Re-registering for the course may cause many issues with financial aid and with graduation.

The spring 2014 drop/add period ends Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern US). Make sure your schedule is correct at that point as you will be held fee/tuition liable (this means you will owe tuition and fees) AND grade liable (this means you will receive whatever grade is assigned at the end of the semester) for any courses remaining on your schedule after the Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern US) drop/add deadline. DO NOT ASSUME THAT NON-ATTENDANCE ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS WILL WAIVE YOU FROM TUITION/FEE OR GRADE LIABILITY.

A Committee Revision Form must be submitted to OASIS any time a member is replaced or added to a committee. The appropriate form can be found at http://coe.fsu.edu/Current-Students/Student-Academic-Services-OASIS/For-Graduates.

If you are at least two (2) semesters into your program and you have not yet submitted a program of study (POS) to OASIS, please do so in order to ensure that you are on track to meet your degree completion requirements.

MASTER'S STUDENTS
If you are in your final semester and you have not yet registered for your comprehensive exam, portfolio defense or thesis defense, do so now!

DOCTORAL STUDENTS
The last day to take and pass the preliminary exam in order to convert DIS hours to dissertation hours is February 21, 2014 (the end of seventh week of semester).

You must register for a minimum of two (2) dissertation hours each semester after admission to candidacy. This includes your final semester when you defend.

You must register for dissertation defense in your final semester UNLESS you have an "I" in a previous semester's defense.

If you are receiving this email, you have been identified by the university as officially pursuing a graduate major within the College of Education at The Florida State University. The COE graduate listserv is a resource used strictly by COE administrators to ensure our students are well-informed of important updates, deadlines and opportunities that will benefit both their academic and/or professional endeavors. You will never receive any spam or other unnecessary email through this listserv and you will be removed as a recipient following completion of your degree or change of major (typically at the end of your final semester in the college). If you are not a currently enrolled graduate student in the FSU COE, please contact Ms. Rhonda Hester at rhester at fsu.edu<mailto:rhester at fsu.edu>. If you have concerns regarding this listserv, please contact the COE Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Dr. Amy R. Guerette at aguerette at fsu.edu<mailto:aguerette at fsu.edu>.

I apologize if you are on the fall graduation list and you have received this email inadvertently.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

Lisa

Lisa M. Beverly, Co-Director
Office of Academic Services and Intern Support (OASIS)
Florida State University College of Education
2301 Stone Building
1114 W. Call Street
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4450
(850) 644-7914 (phone)     (850) 644-6868 (fax)

[military-times-100]