[Art-instructors] FSU DEPARTMENTAL STUDENT AWARDS

James Patterson kpatterson2 at fsu.edu
Mon Jan 28 13:46:49 EST 2019

Hi all,

FSU DEPARTMENTAL STUDENT AWARDS DEADLINE HAD BEEN EXTENDED TO  Sunday, FEBRUARY 3 @ midnight.

Share Point is active and seems to be working well as far as the submission process from the student's end.
Our concern is the lack of a grading/comment section.
Ideally each file (that can be viewed and evaluated by all the faculty) should have a place where a 0 (lowest) - 5 (highest) vote by reviewing faculty can be seen and then tallied to get each student's total score.
*June said she would look into whether or not Thomas can add an additional comment box can be added before faculty are asked to review the application.

*on Monday morning June can compile a spread sheet that faculty will then use to score the applicants-this will be sent to all faculty for their review by Friday, Feb. 8 at noon (right after the faculty meeting.
*This spreadsheet will include a column that shows the students focus areas.

- The FINAL committee review will be at 1pm. on Friday, FEB 8.
* anyone who wants to be part of the final discussion is welcome- I highly encourage areas with lots of students to participate-
Last year Clint and I basically had to determine the final results although we do make efforts to contact the area heads when having to select specific media awards if there is not a clear winner- (So AREA HEADS- at least be "on call" if you do not attend this meeting so we can get additional input from you if needed)

***All area Head are REQUIRED to vote on at least all students identifying their area as a focus area by the Friday noon deadline so votes can be counted .

I KNOW THIS IS A QUICK TURN AROUND BUT IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO NOT CUT INTO ANOTHER STUDIO DAY-

******As of right now there are only 21 applications for the departmental awards so I highly encourage more students to apply-The application is pretty simple....
YOU CAN'T WIN $ IF YOU DON'T APPLY FOR $!

Thanks,
lilian