[Art-instructors] non-attendance drop policy
kpatterson2 at fsu.edu
Mon Jan 8 10:37:49 EST 2018
Please forward this email to all instructional faculty and staff.
The University's mandatory non-attendance drop policy is in effect for the first week of Spring 2018 classes. This policy requires all faculty and instructional staff to take attendance at the first class meeting of the semester. This policy is non-discretionary and applies to all classes, regardless of campus, space availability in the class, delivery method, course level, and/or academic unit offering the class.
Methods for reporting and processing non-attendance drops:
1. Faculty -- Go to the following link for instructions and screen shots: How To Use the Attendance Roster Tool<http://sc.my.fsu.edu/Faculty/How-To/Use-the-Attendance-Roster-Tool>
2. Staff -- Go to the following link for instructions and screen shots: How To Use the Attendance Roster Tool<http://sc.my.fsu.edu/Staff/How-To/Use-the-Attendance-Roster-Tool>
3. Email -- Send a message to registrar at admin.fsu.edu<mailto:registrar at admin.fsu.edu>. Please include the student's name, EMPLID, the course prefix and number and the course section number. Staff will be monitoring this email closely and will be processing drops up until midnight on the 4th day of classes (Thursday, 11 January 2018).
4. myFSU Mobile -- Check and submit first-day attendance in minutes via the new mobile version of Faculty Center. Simply download the myFSU Mobile app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play and follow these instructions: How to Submit First-Day Attendance via myFSU Mobile<http://sc.my.fsu.edu/faculty/how/use-myfsu-mobile-access-faculty-center-and-take-attendance>
5th Day Classes and Non-attendance Drops:
Once drop/add closes on Thursday, 11 January 2018, faculty will still be able to use the attendance tool for their Friday classes, but not for weekend classes. Please take attendance in any class that meets for the first time over the weekend and report those drops to the Office of the Registrar. Include the student's name, EMPLID, course prefix and number and section number.
* We are no longer processing administrative cancellation requests on the fifth day of classes. Students that need to drop all of their classes will need to be directed to the Withdrawal Services Office.
* We will be able to start issuing official enrollment certifications starting Friday, 12 January 2018.
Thank you in advance for reporting non-attendance as soon as possible.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Art-instructors