[Art-instructors] IMPORTANT | Slide Exchange Images Due Sun.

Haley Lauw hlauw at fsu.edu
Tue Aug 14 12:54:16 EDT 2018

Dear Faculty,

Orientation week is right around the corner and we will be hosting our annual Faculty/Incoming MFA Slide Exchange at Waterworks on Wednesday, August 22 from 7-9pm. The event is open to the public!

While only 1st year, incoming MFAs and Faculty will be participating in this exchange, all grads are invited to attend.

This event allows everyone to introduce their studio practice and research in a casual setting — think of it as a getting-to-know-you/show-and-tell of sorts. I've never speed-dated, but the idea is similar: you get just a handful of minutes to introduce yourself and your work.

It is worth noting that 2nd year MFAs will be reaching out to you during orientation week to invite you to join their graduate committees. The Exchange is an excellent time to share your current research and goings-on!

The rules are few:

  *   email me 3-5 images of your work
     *   these images should be of work completed in the past 2 years. If you want to use the same images as last year, please let me know.
     *   images must be no smaller than 800px on shortest side and 300 dpi
     *   jpgs, please!
     *   I don’t put titles or medium so if you want this information included please include it on the jpg
     *   include in the body of your email if you would like any additional information on your title/name slide

  *   You will talk about your work and research for a maximum of 3 minutes. Keep it short and sweet.

Please respond with images no later than Sunday, August 19 by midnight.

Warmest regards,

Haley Lauw

Haley Lauw
Printmaking Department &
Fine Arts Graduate Student Coordinator, Florida State University
Visual Arts Editor, Newfound, Austin, TX
www.haleylauw.com<http://www.haleylauw.com/>