[Art-instructors] reminder about policies for adding students to your classes

Howard, Sara S SSHoward at admin.fsu.edu
Tue Aug 26 14:29:50 EDT 2014

Dear instructors,

Students — both majors and non-majors — have been flooding the advising offices the past two days, asking to be added to classes.  Please do not send these students to me.  Drop/add is a busy week for advisors, and it's frustrating for students to wait just to be told we can't do anything for them.

Here is a refresher of our policies (which were covered at the adjunct orientation):

  *   If you would like to add an art student to your class and it is full, I need an email directly from you.  I will not add a student to a class simply because the student tells me the instructor approved it.  I need verification/approval from you.

  *   If a non-major wants to be added to your class, there is a process for this.  They can email me, requesting a seat in the class, on the last day of drop/add (Thursday) if and only if (1) there is a seat still open in the class and (2) they have the pre-requisites for the class.

Thank you,
Sara