[Art-bfastudio] Opportunity for Emerging Artist for the LeMoyne Chain of Parks Art Festival

DiDonna, Elizabeth edidonna at fsu.edu
Fri Nov 7 11:03:58 EST 2014

Dear students,

The annual two-day LeMoyne Chain of Parks Art Festival, which takes place the 3rd weekend of April each year, is looking to highlight an emerging student artist from FSU this year (along with a selected student from FAMU and TCC).  The Festival provides approximately 150 artists and tens of thousands of visitors a beautiful southern-style backdrop for a juried Fine Art event in Tallahassee.

If selected, you will be able to exhibit and sell at the Festival and be provided with a tent display and folding table. You should have no less than 10 art pieces to show and sell in your booth, though you may add additional items that are not for sale as well.  Also, you can use your participation in the Festival as a top achievement in your emerging careers and list it on your vita or resume.  You will also be recognized in the Festival Magazine, drawing attention to the program and your individual achievements.

If interested in applying to this exciting opportunity, please read for more information below.

Deadline for Application:  Monday November 17th
Follow Up:  You will be contacted via FSU email by November 20th regarding your application.  If selected, you will be given further instruction.

To apply:
1.  Create an account at http://review.art.fsu.edu/dev/login
2.  Once your account is created, log in to the system at http://review.art.fsu.edu/dev/login
3.  Edit your bio and artist statement: http://review.art.fsu.edu/dev/profile/edit
4.  Then, on that same page, select a review to participate in (2014 LeMoyne Chain of Parks Festival)
5.  Upload 4-6 images, PDFs, and/or video files to your profile: http://review.art.fsu.edu/dev/profile/edit_files
6.  If you have difficulty uploading your files or working with this interface, please contact Owen Mundy (omundy at fsu.edu<mailto:omundy at fsu.edu>)

I encourage you to check out the LeMoyne Chain of Parks Art Festival homepage here: http://chainofparks.com<http://chainofparks.com/>. If you have any questions about the deadline directions, please let me know!  We look forward to seeing your applications.  Remember, the deadline is Monday November 17th

Good luck!

Elizabeth DiDonna
Academic Advisor
Department of Art