[Art-bastudio] Call for Entry: Give + Take exhibit

Fulginiti, Gabriela gf12b at my.fsu.edu
Thu Mar 31 11:20:34 EDT 2016

Hey everyone,

If you have ever travelled and made art about your experience, then this exhibit is for you! My sister and I are both undergrad art students and we are curating an exhibit at the Oglesby Union gallery centered around the theme of international experience. The opening is on April 16th from 7 - 9 pm, and we are taking submissions in any medium. The deadline to submit a piece is April 13.  Feel free to submit any number of works.  Along with your piece(s), submit your name, title of the piece, date, and an optional artist statement. Please email me at gf12b at my.fsu.edu to arrange a time to submit your work.

We hope to see you at the show!

Gabriela & Renata Fulginiti

Description of Show:

Give + Take : an exploration of travel, identity, and place

Traveling is more than just going.

It is entering into a dialogue with people and culture other than your own.

Each step is growth.

Each experience is magnified by the traveler's ability to look outside themselves.

Giving takes the form of time, conversation, and action.

Travel is an exchange. It's learning and creating memories that become part of who you are.