[Agedirectors] Convenor position within the Directors of Aging Centers interest group

Neil Charness charness at psy.fsu.edu
Mon Dec 19 10:18:20 EST 2022

Hi Folks:

As things tail off toward the holidays, I wanted to update everyone on pending business in our Age Directors group.

  1.  The poll I sent around, asked "should the directors of aging centers switch from its listserv to GSA Connect?"  Five voted in favor and two against, suggesting that there was some reluctance to do this.  It is not too late to provide more feedback.  As it stands now we will probably shift or at least post both places.
  2.  We need to appoint another convenor as Suzanne Kunkel retired from her faculty position, so I'm looking for someone to add to our list for the GSA Annual report coming up in January.  Volunteers?  That person steps in should I go missing in action.
  3.  Two anonymous people at the meeting were volunteering/volunteered to co-share leadership of the group when I retire in about a year. I haven't had confirmation yet, so please get back to me.

Best, Neil

Neil Charness, Ph.D., William G. Chase Professor of Psychology
FSU Distinguished Research Professor
Director, Institute for Successful Longevity www.isl.fsu.edu<http:// www.isl.fsu.edu>
Department of Psychology, Florida State University
1107 West Call Street, Tallahassee, Florida, USA 32306-4301
Phone (office): 850-644-6686; Fax: 850-644-7739
E-mail: charness at psy.fsu.edu<mailto:charness at psy.fsu.edu>; http://www.psy.fsu.edu/~charness/
Please Note:
Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written business communications to or from FSU staff and/or any public college or university employee are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.