[Isl] ISL Planning Grant and Student Poster Day

Victoria Simon vsimon at fsu.edu
Thu Mar 9 11:28:31 EST 2023

Hello and good morning affiliates!

We are soon approaching the deadline to apply for the ISL Planning Grant. Please see the below information on how to apply and for other pertinent about our Student Poster Day.

  1.  ISL Planning Grant applications close in less than two weeks! The purpose of this program is to promote collaboration between FSU research faculty by providing funding for a new direction or continuing support of existing research or creative activity, with the goal being that the project will improve the opportunity for successful longevity in aging populations. This program is modeled on the CRC's planning grant program, so this proposal is seen as the first step toward collecting data that would lead to federal funding. The maximum award amount for the ISL Grant Program is $25,000.
a.       The application deadline is March 20, 2023
b.       To apply or for more information, please visit https://isl-fsu-sm.smapply.us/
c.        If you need help applying, our previous administrative assistant made a very helpful instructional video, click here<https://isl.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2041/files/ISL%20Faculty%20Resources/ISL%20Planning%20Grants%20-%20How%20to%20Apply.mp4> to watch it!

  1.  Student Poster Day is on March 29th from 11-1:30pm in the Psychology Building Atrium, Level 2. The GSA President Jim Nelson and the GSA CEO James Appleby will be there, so having a good turnout to showcase student research at FSU will be vital to their visit. There will be a cash prize for best poster as well as a light lunch provided by ISL. Poster award could involve graduate or undergraduate students working with you. Please note that undergraduates are not permitted in the Poster Day event as the primary presenter of the poster, however, the poster could have their name on it if it involves multiple members of a team and is presented at the event by a graduate student. Postdocs in addition to graduate students are eligible to present. Please let Victoria know if you have a student or post-doc who will be presenting so we can get the correct number of poster stands set up. We will also be presenting the winner of the Esther & Del Grosser Scholarship at the event, the deadline to apply for the scholarship is today. Please see your emails from yesterday for more information on the scholarship.

We look forward to hearing from you should you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to reach out for anything!

Victoria Simon
Institute for Successful Longevity
www.isl.fsu.edu
Room 227
Claude-Pepper Building
Florida State University
Tallahassee, FL 32304
850-644-8571
vs22z at fsu.edu<mailto:vs22z at fsu.edu>

Please Note:
Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written business communications to or from FSU staff and/or any public college or university employee are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.