[Isl] Friendly Reminder: ISL BROWN BAG - Aaron Wilber, October 25 – Mouse models, Alzheimer’s and brain function during sleep

Callie Kindelsperger cperson at fsu.edu
Thu Oct 14 09:35:55 EDT 2021

Hi all,

This is just a friendly reminder that we have our upcoming ISL Brown Bag later this month. The details are listed below, and we look forward to seeing you there!

[cid:image001.png at 01D7C0DE.E1F19E60]You are invited to hear Aaron Wilber, Ph.D., speak on “Findings in mouse models suggest Alzheimer’s disease may change brain function during sleep leading to memory loss and impairments in navigating our surroundings.”

His October 25 talk, at noon via Zoom, is part of the Institute for Successful Longevity’s Brown Bag Series. The Zoom link is https://fsu.zoom.us/j/96354273156.

Dr. Wilber is Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology, is affiliated with the Program in Neuroscience and is a Faculty Affiliate of the Institute for Successful Longevity.

Dr. Wilber earned his doctorate from Indiana University in 2010. His research is directed at understanding how we get oriented in space so we can navigate our environment and what goes wrong when this system fails. He is currently exploring why Alzheimer’s disease leads to difficulty navigating new surroundings, what brain changes may underlie getting lost, and treatments for reversing these impairments.

Callie Kindelsperger
Email: cperson at fsu.edu<mailto:cperson at fsu.edu>