[Isl] ISL on Facebook - your photo and bio

Willard Edmonds btedmond at fsu.edu
Tue Mar 23 09:48:01 EDT 2021

ISL Faculty Affiliates — The Institute for Successful Longevity is working to boost its presence on Facebook. Toward that end, we are now creating daily posts for the ISL Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Institute-for-Successful-Longevity-1479906995652565.

This week on Facebook we will begin introducing our Faculty Affiliates (see an example below of how one would look and read), with a photo of the featured researcher and a brief bio. Both will be drawn from the Faculty Affiliates page of our web site: https://isl.fsu.edu/faculty-affiliates.

If you would like us to update the bio information or photo that we have for you on our web site, please let me know.

We also want to promote your research on Facebook and on our web page. Please let us know of any activity that we could use.

If you would prefer not to be part of our Facebook campaign, please let me know and we will not include you.

And, if you are on Facebook, please consider following the institute’s page.

Thank you.

Bill Edmonds, Ph.D.
850-933-7960
btedmond at fsu.edu<mailto:btedmond at fsu.edu>

  [cid:image001.png at 01D47128.6CBD68D0]

[cid:image002.png at 01D71FC9.9C75C390]

Neil Charness<http://www.psy.fsu.edu/~charness/> is the William G. Chase Professor of Psychology and director of the Institute for Successful Longevity.

His research centers on understanding the aging process and its implications for technology use<http://www.create-center.org/> (particularly for health), work performance, and expert performance. He also conducts human factors research on older driver and pedestrian safety<http://www.psy.fsu.edu/~adapts/>. These research projects are being funded by the National Institutes of Health/National Institute on Aging, and the US Department of Transportation and the Florida Department of Transportation.

Professor Charness is a member of the editorial boards for the Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, Psychology and Aging, and Gerontechnology. He is a past editor of the Psychology section of the Canadian Journal on Aging/revue canadienne du viellisssement. He was on the editorial boards of Aging, Neuropsychology and Cognition; Psychological Bulletin; and Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied. He is a Fellow of the Canadian Psychological Association, the Gerontological Society of America, the American Psychological Association, and the Association for Psychological Science. He was made an Honorary Member of the International Society for Gerontechnology. He has been a visiting scholar at the VA Outpatient Clinic in Boston, the University of Victoria, Canada, and the Max Planck Institute for Human Development and Education, Berlin.

His most recent co-authored books are Charness, Demiris & Krupinski ‘s Designing telehealth for an aging population: A human factors perspective<http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439825297> (2011) and Fisk, Rogers, Charness, Czaja & Sharit’s Designing for older adults: Principles and creative human factors approaches, 2nd Edition (2009).
The Institute for Successful Longevity conducts research into how to live longer, stay active and be fully engaged in life. With researchers across the FSU campus, the institute takes a multidisciplinary approach to better explore the complexities of life as an older individual. Learn more about ISL at www.ISL.fsu.edu<http://www.ISL.fsu.edu>.