[HRMS] Fall 2023 HR Bootcamp

HR Important Message HR-FSUimportantmessage at fsu.edu
Thu Sep 7 13:01:13 EDT 2023

[cid:image002.png at 01D9E18B.385AAA70]

An important message from FSU Office of Human Resources
This message has been approved by Shelley Lopez, Program Director, Communications/Special Projects, for distribution to all Department Representatives.
Each semester, the Office of Human Resources hosts monthly HR Forums to provide important and timely information to Department Representatives across campus. Last semester, we collected feedback from Department Representatives on beneficial topics. We developed our forums around these topics, but we also found there were requests for some more extensive coverage.
Based on this feedback, we decided this semester needed to be a little different. While we love connecting virtually, many representatives are seeking intensive training with an ability to ask in-depth questions. Frankly, we love this, and we want to deliver! In place of our usual forums, we are offering HR Bootcamp.
HR Bootcamp is a two-part, in-person, intensive training. This series provides comprehensive overviews of HR and department timeliness, tasks, deadlines, and processes. Bootcamp is facilitated by HR subject matter experts in partnership with an expert level department representative. This unique format provides both the HR and Rep perspective for completing HR duties in the department. Session 1 must be completed to register for Session 2 (November 14) when it becomes available.
This is the first time we have offered this type of training, and we feel this opportunity is invaluable for all representatives. This is a great chance to ask questions and dialogue with HR and other Reps. Individuals who complete both in-person sessions will receive an HR Bootcamp training badge.
Session 1 - Compensation and Employment & Recruitment