[Fsuteachgrads] Fwd: USEA November Induction/PD Meeting, MTPD, and Alumni Events!

Robin Smith smith at bio.fsu.edu
Thu Nov 9 11:01:58 EST 2023

FYI. Information on the Knowles Teaching Fellowship info session and
professional development opportunity on using AI in your classroom.

Hey Everyone,

As we start to wrap up the semester, we’ve got a bunch of great USEA
events for you and your alumni. You can register for all events through
USEA Connect, see the instructions below. Feel free to share these
upcoming events with your UTeach students, colleagues, and alumni and we
can’t wait to see you there!

*How to Join USEA Connect*

1. Visit [USEA Connect](https://www.useaconnect.org
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.useaconnect.org/__;!!PhOWcWs!zSdWvNnIKKEF8eUBh0fzsE6UK_yFoEF1BqiUafWPdNoUgNKMISb2eZkN8cW3YS__xoauk78YEra5Kn6nKroVir0YuUF58F4$>)

2. Click on the "Join" button.

3. Follow the simple registration process.

4. Join the USEA Working Group for Professional Development and
Induction to receive meeting information and stay informed about our
activities throughout the year.

5. Go to the events page to sign up for any of the events below and get
the Zoom link.

If you have any questions or need assistance with USEA Connect, please
don't hesitate to reach out to Ashlee at bushee at uteach.utexas.edu.

*Knowles Teaching Fellowship Info Session*

*Tuesday, November 14 from 4-5 pm CT*

This session is for Apprentice Teachers and early-career high school
math and science teachers interested in the Knowles Teaching Fellowship.
Hear from the Knowles Fellowship team about the program and how to apply.

Register through https://useaconnect.org/
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://useaconnect.org/__;!!PhOWcWs!zSdWvNnIKKEF8eUBh0fzsE6UK_yFoEF1BqiUafWPdNoUgNKMISb2eZkN8cW3YS__xoauk78YEra5Kn6nKroVir0YkFHtpK4$>

UTeach students and alumni can join USEA Connect for FREE and get access
to alumni resources such as FREE PDs, lesson plans, networking,
mentoring and the job board!

**

*November MTPD – Incorporating AI into your UTeach Program*

*Friday, November 17 from 1-2 pm CT*

Join Michael Odell from UTeach Tyler as he shares how to use AI tools
with your students and teachers to transform your UTeach program.

All are welcome. Get the Zoom link on the Events page on
https://useaconnect.org/
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://useaconnect.org/__;!!PhOWcWs!zSdWvNnIKKEF8eUBh0fzsE6UK_yFoEF1BqiUafWPdNoUgNKMISb2eZkN8cW3YS__xoauk78YEra5Kn6nKroVir0YkFHtpK4$>

**

*USEA Induction, PD, and ERJ Working Group November Meeting*

*Monday, November 27 from 2-3 pm CT*

Join us as we plan for several Spring events including the UTeach Alumni
Presentation Interest Group, UTeach Career Day, the UTeach Alumni Summer
Virtual Summit, and UTeach Alumni McDonald Observatory Summer Experience!

All are welcome. Get the Zoom link on the Events page on
https://useaconnect.org/
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://useaconnect.org/__;!!PhOWcWs!zSdWvNnIKKEF8eUBh0fzsE6UK_yFoEF1BqiUafWPdNoUgNKMISb2eZkN8cW3YS__xoauk78YEra5Kn6nKroVir0YkFHtpK4$>

*Alumni PD Series – Interactive Notebooks for Engaging Emergent
Bilingual Students in Science Learning*

*Saturday, December 2 from 11-12 pm CT*

Join us for the first UTeach Alumni PD Series! Preston Dozier from
UTeach Dallas will share how to use interactive notebooks for bilingual
science students. This is a great session for your UTeach students and
alumni.

Register through https://useaconnect.org/
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://useaconnect.org/__;!!PhOWcWs!zSdWvNnIKKEF8eUBh0fzsE6UK_yFoEF1BqiUafWPdNoUgNKMISb2eZkN8cW3YS__xoauk78YEra5Kn6nKroVir0YkFHtpK4$>

Image
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.utrgv.edu/__;!!PhOWcWs!zSdWvNnIKKEF8eUBh0fzsE6UK_yFoEF1BqiUafWPdNoUgNKMISb2eZkN8cW3YS__xoauk78YEra5Kn6nKroVir0YVIVYXAk$>

*Elizabeth Goldberg*

Associate Professor in Practice

Science Master Teacher

UTeach — College of Science

Office956-665-2174 <tel:+1-956-665-2174>

Brownsville•Edinburg•Harlingen

Image
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.twitter.com/UTRGV__;!!PhOWcWs!zSdWvNnIKKEF8eUBh0fzsE6UK_yFoEF1BqiUafWPdNoUgNKMISb2eZkN8cW3YS__xoauk78YEra5Kn6nKroVir0YKR0k_Tg$>

Image
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.facebook.com/UTRGV__;!!PhOWcWs!zSdWvNnIKKEF8eUBh0fzsE6UK_yFoEF1BqiUafWPdNoUgNKMISb2eZkN8cW3YS__xoauk78YEra5Kn6nKroVir0YD3CxqNk$>

Image
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.instagram.com/utrgv__;!!PhOWcWs!zSdWvNnIKKEF8eUBh0fzsE6UK_yFoEF1BqiUafWPdNoUgNKMISb2eZkN8cW3YS__xoauk78YEra5Kn6nKroVir0YLn-yWBA$>

Image
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.youtube.com/utrgv__;!!PhOWcWs!zSdWvNnIKKEF8eUBh0fzsE6UK_yFoEF1BqiUafWPdNoUgNKMISb2eZkN8cW3YS__xoauk78YEra5Kn6nKroVir0YcD92P6A$>

/NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message and
any attachments hereto is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the designated recipients. This message and any
attachments hereto may constitute an attorney-client communication, and
as such are privileged and confidential.  This message may also contain
confidential student information.  If you are not the intended recipient
or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this message in error, and
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message
and any attachments hereto is strictly prohibited under the Federal
Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. 1232 G, 34 C.F.R.
Part 99).  If you have received this message in error, please notify me
immediately./