[Fla-facrlboard] Draft Letter Attached

Cooke, Rachel rcooke at fgcu.edu
Wed Jul 22 12:15:55 EDT 2020

Thanks for working on this!

I was told the Governor himself will have to issue an Executive Order or his veto will have to be overridden by 75% of the legislature for the funds to be restored.

Not sure how accurate that is though.  I think asking for advocacy is a good (safe) step.

Rachel Cooke, MLS, MA
Education & Arts Librarian
Office - Library 225Q
Florida Gulf Coast University
Wilson G. Bradshaw Library
10501 FGCU Blvd. S., Fort Myers, FL 33965
239-590-7606 | rcooke at fgcu.edu | https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://library.fgcu.edu__;!!PhOWcWs!i86rPLj7g1WRUJs1OhJ1FlRUDi-NOsJ9_VQ7MXpQEiI-90adWczyT-5ploKdNg0iU9C3IHzvaw$
orcid.org/0000-0001-9379-9955<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9379-9955__;!!PhOWcWs!i86rPLj7g1WRUJs1OhJ1FlRUDi-NOsJ9_VQ7MXpQEiI-90adWczyT-5ploKdNg0iU9AaQvyV6w$ >

Florida has a very broad public records law.  As a result, any written communication created or received by Florida Gulf Coast University employees is subject to disclosure to the public and the media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt.  Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.