[Fla-facrlboard] FACRL Response to Veto of the Complete Florida Plus Program

Guy Cicinelli gcicinelli at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 10:26:42 EDT 2020

A couple more thoughts:
The phone number situation is a mess - I found 5 different numbers:
   - On the Email the Governor page, there is a State Assistance Information Line at 800-342-3557
   - On the Contact Governor Desantis page, there is this number (850) 717-9337
   - On the Executive Office page, there are 2 numbers for the Governor: (850) 717-9249 and (850) 488-5603
   - And then on the widget in the lower-right corner of most website pages is (850) 488-7146

And if we are going to include a link to a template page for people to use, we need to remove the Broward College info and the link to their BC accreditation page.
For example, Cristy's template says:
"At Broward College, I serve over 40,000 students in South Florida and where we are multi-year top ten Aspen institution – an institution that serves a predominantly minority student population (84% of our students self-identify as non-white) - we rely on..."

The easy way - we remove it completely so people don't forget to change it.The more involved but better way - we say with highlighted text "At [YOUR INSTITUTION], we [Include a sentence on your demographics or achievements] - we rely on... (or even just remove the second part and say "At [YOUR INSTITUTION], we rely on..."
We should also remove the link to BC's accreditation page but leave the text wording in place.

Guy Cicinelli, MLISLibrary Technology Manager Lee County Library Systemmobile: 239-777-2827email: gcicinelli at aol.com