[Fla-facrlboard] Hopin Virtual Event Platform

Cooke, Rachel rcooke at fgcu.edu
Fri Aug 14 13:17:16 EDT 2020

Yes, I found it to be a good platform.  I liked the buttons to easily join "coffee" networking groups and vendor groups.

Unless we go Pro (which was $1,300 I think he said?), it sounds like we will have to use their registration system and pay the ticket fees.

Maybe we can get a sign language interpreter?  That is what SWFLN does - they use Adobe Connect and the signing person is a 2nd presenter.  It works great.  I can ask Luly Castro at SWFLN for more info, if folks are interested.  Or we can do it if upon request.

Rachel Cooke, MLS, MA
Education & Arts Librarian
Office - Library 225Q
Florida Gulf Coast University
Wilson G. Bradshaw Library
10501 FGCU Blvd. S., Fort Myers, FL 33965
239-590-7606 | rcooke at fgcu.edu | https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://library.fgcu.edu__;!!PhOWcWs!lQ9PW0IHdshOQTYJqhP9VEEpp-plnqQuSNNe2t2YkXLQnUuLtNqhEXCWRn4xDV1V-DtN0ix5iQ$
orcid.org/0000-0001-9379-9955<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9379-9955__;!!PhOWcWs!lQ9PW0IHdshOQTYJqhP9VEEpp-plnqQuSNNe2t2YkXLQnUuLtNqhEXCWRn4xDV1V-Dsa-XX8Hw$ >

Florida has a very broad public records law.  As a result, any written communication created or received by Florida Gulf Coast University employees is subject to disclosure to the public and the media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt.  Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.